Chemical Peel in Allen Texas
What is a Chemical Peel?
Chemical Peel Treatments are an ideal solution for patients seeking non-surgical skin rejuvenation. At Beauty Oasis Rx, one of our Esthetician will recommend a customized treatment plan based on your skin condition, skin type, skin laxity, and cosmetic goals. There are several types of peels, though the most popularly used peels contain a non-toxic chemical called TCA (trichloroacetic acid). TCA peels are safe in the hands of experienced skin experts and can produce effective improvements for various skin pigmentation problems and mild to moderate signs of aging.
Chemical peels can improve the appearance of:
- Deep lines and wrinkles
- Stretch marks
- Scars caused by surgery, acne, or trauma
- Dark spots and patches
- Dark circles around the eyes
- Sun damage
- Large pores
Why is it performed?
Chemical peels can be used to treat different skin conditions. Depending on the skin condition you have, your Dermatologist will select the right method of treatment with one of the following three depths:
- Light Peeling. A light (superficial) peel removes the outermost layer of the skin (the epidermis). It can be used to treat fine wrinkles, acne, hyperpigmentation, and dryness. You can undergo this treatment every two to five weeks – depending on your desired results.
- Medium Peeling. This type of peel removes skin cells from the epidermis and sections of the upper-middle layer of skin (the dermis). This can treat wrinkles, acne scars, and hyperpigmentation. A medium peel can be repeated after three to nine months to maintain results.
- Deep Peeling. Removing skin cells from the epidermis and from sections of the middle layer to the bottom layer of the dermis, a deep peel is recommended if you have deeper wrinkles or scars. A deep peel can only be performed one time.
Skin Peels come in a number of different solutions that vary in strengths, allowing your Esthetician or skin therapist to find the perfect match for your skin type and condition. Some PCA skin peels contain TCA. TCA is a light to medium depth peeling agent that can be used in various parts of the body such as the neck, chest, back, arms, legs, and face. The response of a patient’s skin to several concentrations can be difficult to predict, therefore, a skin professional’s expertise is necessary to achieve optimal results safely. TCA peels work by removing dead skin cells and allowing new skin to grow. TCA peels are considered medium strength and should only be applied by a certified skin professional.
A single session can provide plenty of benefits. Patients are often noticing a brighter, smoother, and more refined and improved complexion in just one treatment. Other benefits include:
- Improving skin tone, clarity, color, and texture
- Stimulating new collagen and the growth of healthy skin cells, resulting in a radiant complexion
- Reducing discoloration and pigmentation caused by sun damage
- Reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Increasing skin hydration
- Treating of visible skin imperfections and superficial scars
- Allowing skincare products to be more effective because exfoliation can remove several layers of skin build-up and congestion, allowing the products to penetrate deeper into the skin.
Am I a suitable candidate?
After your initial consultation, the Dermatologist will determine your suitability for a specific treatment or a combination of treatments. Most commonly, fair-skinned patients tend to be better candidates for chemical peels. However, they can benefit darker skin types. Allowing an expert skin specialist to decide the right combination that is safe for your skin type and condition is paramount to getting optimal results.
How is it done?
Light chemical peel:
- The doctor will use a brush, cotton balls, or a sponge to apply the chemical liquid that usually consists of salicylic acid or glycolic acid. The treated skin will start to turn white.
- You may feel a slight tingling when the chemical liquid is applied to the skin.
- The doctor will use a neutralizing fluid or wash the treated skin to remove the chemical solution.
Medium chemical peel:
- Your esthetician will use a cotton-tipped applicator or gauze to apply a chemical fluid that contains trichloroacetic acid, sometimes combined with glycolic acid. The treated skin will start to turn white.
- After several minutes, a cold compress will be applied to soothe the treated skin. You may be given a hand fan to cool the skin. No neutralizing liquid is required.
- You may feel a stinging and burning sensation for up to 20 minutes.
Deep chemical peel:
- You will be given intravenous (IV) fluids, and your heart rate will be closely monitored.
- The doctor will use a cotton-tipped applicator to apply carbolic acid (phenol) to the skin. The treated skin will start to turn white or gray.
- To reduce exposure to phenol, the doctor will perform the procedure in sections with an interval of about 15 minutes. The total facial procedure may take about 90 minutes.
What to expect after the treatment?
- A light chemical peel can improve skin texture and tone as well as reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles. The results will be slight at first but will increase with repeated treatments. After a light chemical peel, avoid sun exposure until new skin covers the entire treated area.
- After a TCA peel, you may notice immediate changes in the skin. However, it could take 3-5 days to see the development of the full effects following a TCA peel.
- After a deep chemical peel, you will notice a dramatic improvement in the look and feel of the treated areas. You will need to protect your skin from the sun at all times to prevent changes in skin color.
- Your skin professional will recommend that you avoid sun exposure for several months. During the phase when your skin begins to peel, it is important to avoid removing any skin with your fingers. You will be advised to wear sunscreen and to use a gentle cleanser to wash your face.
If you are looking to improve the look of your complexion non-surgically, then this skin treatment may be right for you. Your provider should speak with you about realistic expectations for your treatment, as well as potential side effects and risk factors.
Beauty Oasis Rx is a Covid-free establishment that offers a team of Western-trained Estheticians who have extensive experience in applying chemical peel in Allen, Texas.